Computer Gamer was a video game magazine published in the UK covering home gaming from April 1985 to June 1987.
It contained sections of news, game reviews, previews, tips, help guides, columnists, reader's letters, and occasionally cover-mounted game demos.
Issues #7 through #19 contained Fighting Fantasy-esqe mini-adventures titled Heroic Warrior Adventures.
Magazines7. Computer Gamer #7 (Beoden's Journey)
8. Computer Gamer #8 (Night of the Living Dead)
9. Computer Gamer #9 (Starforce Trooper)
10. Computer Gamer #10 (Abbey of Satanic Evil and 2 more items)
11. Computer Gamer #11 (Magicians Curse)
12. Computer Gamer #12 (The Necromancer's Tower)
13. Computer Gamer #13 (Starforce Captain)
14. Computer Gamer #14 (Review: The Way of the Tiger and 1 more item)
15. Computer Gamer #15 (Pyramid of the Werejackal)
16. Computer Gamer #16 (Commando Raid)
17. Computer Gamer #17 (The Talisman of Remag)
18. Computer Gamer #18 (Mines of Mithros)
19. Computer Gamer #19 (The Icy Wastes and 1 more item)
22. Computer Gamer #22 (Review: Avenger and 1 more item)
Avenger Computer Game Ad
This advertisement for the Avenger computer game comes from Computer Gamer issue 19, pages 10-11. The identical ad also appeared in issue 20, pages 24-25; issue 21, pages 26-27; and issue 22, pages 10-11. Thanks to Ryan Lynch for sharing the image.
Steve Jackson's Swordmaster Advertisement #3
This advertisement for Steve Jackson's Swordmaster comes from Computer Gamer issue 1, page 37. The same ad (differing only in size) also ran on page 24 of Micro Adventurer issue 17 (March 1985). Thanks to Ryan Lynch for sharing the image.
The Way of the Tiger Computer Game Ad #2
This advertisement for the Way of the Tiger computer game comes from Computer Gamer issue 14, page 49. Identical ads also appeared in issue 13, page 7 and issue 15, page 49. Thanks to Ryan Lynch for sharing the image.
No comments available.
Please log in to leave a comment.